Tuesday, December 03, 2013

All We Want for Christmas


Yep, that's me.  In an all too familiar position.  Doing work underneath the car.  At least this time I had some help.  Recently, we have had a lot of issues with our one and only family car.  Last month, we had to spend several thousand dollars rebuilding the front and rear differentials, replacing the radiator, and rewiring everything behind the dash.  Today, I've been busy trying to trace a problem with the fuel line.  Whenever we try to accelerate, the engine is just shutting down.

I never thought I would remove a fuel tank on my car, but to do it twice has been double the pleasure ;- ).  Anyways, after getting all of that work done, we're having new problems and just found out today that the brand new radiator has a big crack in it.  I haven't had the opportunity to show the mechanic who purchased and installed it for us.  I'll do that on Thursday.  The radiator alone was $1,000.  So, it's important that he replaces it for us with no additional costs.

All that to say, we are just asking you to pray for us.  It's been a really frustrating few months as far as the car is concerned and it seems to becoming more and more of a money pit.  I try to do everything I can do on my own to save money, but it just seems like more and more keeps breaking.

The Lord says that we have not because we ask not.  So, would you join us in asking Him, for a newer more reliable car for the Roberts?  Zambia, unlike America and other countries, is landlocked and all vehicles are imported.  On top of this, when vehicles are imported, they are taxed at up to 96% of their value.  So, if you buy a $10,000 used car, it can costs you close to $20,000.  Our current car, (2000 model) we purchased roughly 2 years ago for $23,000 and it has not been that dependable.

So, for the Roberts to get a newer more reliable car we will probably need $35,000 - $40,000.  And we know that God will have to provide, because it's just nowhere in our budget at this time.

Thank you for joining us in this prayer!

No comments: