Monday, September 23, 2013

Needing a Little Reminder



"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life."


If I'm honest, I'm a person who is much more comfortable with concepts and ideas, with doctrines and theologies.  I'm an introvert by nature.  Kind of an oxymoron - an introverted missionary, huh?.  I'm a processor.  I love to strategize, connect the dots, figure things out.  But with relationships, I a novice.  I struggle.  I'm comfortable with sharing surfacy things, with shooting the breeze about sports, but exposing the inner-man is something I'm not good at.  I struggle with intimacy.

As I was on Lake Kariba, one of the biggest things that God impressed upon me was that Jesus is a not a book, he's not a bunch of rules, or a bunch of good deeds (caring for orphans, the needy, etc.).  He's not some theological concept or sound docrine either.  Jesus is a person.  And my highest calling in life is to experience Him in a personal and intimate relationship and share that experience with others!  I knew this in my head, but I just needed a little reminder that this reality needs to sink down to my heart.  Maybe my reminder can be yours today as well!


Jesus desperately wants you to experience Him today!  Will you?




No comments: