Thursday, January 12, 2012

Car Troubles



Well, it's happened again, another breakdown. After a long weekend in the city doing some much needed grocery shopping and loading our car to the max we headed out for the two hour journey back to Chikankata. Just as we reached the outskirts of the city I smelled something funny. Now, with five children, I'm pretty used to smelling something funny in the car, but this was a different smell. As soon as I looked at the gauge, I saw the problem. The car was running hot.

Because I'm typing this post on my phone, I'll spare you and my fingers all of the details for now, but it was quite an ordeal. It involved coming to a stop in front of a bar full of drunk men, having them then askme if I knew that my car was smoking, them climbing up under the hood trying to "identify" the cause, and then not leaving until I gave them some small bills for their assistance.

All was not too bad though. A friend and his buddy did come to the rescue, with tow rope in hand, brought us the Whitfield's vehicle, helped us switch all of our groceries, luggage and children to that car and that towed our car to the shop.

Please be in prayer for us as we head back to the city today to get the car. Our car is the most important thing we own in Zambia and it has become quite unreliable. Before we came back to the States a year ago, we had to replace the head gasket, before that it had overheated several times and now this. It's all we got. So pray that it will last for some time longer.

Anyways, here's to another African adventure!

Blessings

No comments: