Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Rejoice in the Wife of Your Youth


Two years ago today, I was in a hospital emergency room watching my wife lose function in her arms and legs. I was scared out or my mind not knowing what was going on. Knowing it was serious, but not knowing just how serious. I still remember sneaking away from the room to cry - sneaking away so she couldn't see the fear in my face. I remember the fear of possibly losing the person who has and will forever mean the most to me (apart from Christ).

But today, a week before our 12th anniversary, I'm still waking up to my beautiful and vibrant bride. And I love her more now than I ever have in the past. A lot of times we learn the most through trials and this trial was no exception. This one event has truly opened up God's word to me in a new light. There is a verse in Proverbs 5:18: "May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth." This verse has taken on so much more meaning in my life. Today, I thank God for this gift He has given me and rejoice again in the love of my life.

May you also rejoice in the wife / husband of your youth!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Snif. How very beautiful. I'm so happy you still have the wife of your youth to rejoice in as well.