Friday, January 21, 2011

God's Word Daily


In life, there always seem to be those people who God places in your life at just the right time and my life is no different. There are a handful of people, who I can point to, that have really played a key part in shaping who I am today. One of these people is Brad Bird. Now, hear me when I say that I'm not trying to idolize this man. He's a man just like me, but he is a man who has continually allowed the Lord to use him in the lives of others through his gift of teaching. And he's also a man whose life has mirrored what he has tried to impart to others.

Kerri and I met Brad and his wife Melissa over 13 years ago while attending a local church's college ministry. During this time, Brad made it a point to invest in my life through discipleship. He and Melissa were there to counsel Kerri and I through our engagement. He was the pastor who officiated our wedding ceremony. He was and is a person who I have always felt like I could be myself with, someone who was fun to be around, a good friend. We've spent countless hours on the golf course trying to beat each other and enjoyed ribbing each other whenever USC played Tennessee (Well, he did most of the ribbing). He and Melissa were there when Kerri and I went through a really rough patch in our marriage. In fact, he was the first person I talked to about it. He and Melissa have been there through the hard times and they've been there through the good times. Honestly, I cannot express to you just how much Brad & Melissa's friendship and Brad's teaching have changed both Kerri and my lives.

Brad is a gifted teacher who has an unswerving desire to "see the saints revived through the power of the Word." Recently, through his ministry, Brad released a daily video devotional. For 5 days a week, you can have a 5-7 minute devotional sent straight to your inbox. These devotionals are expository in nature (meaning they center on going through the Bible by book by chapter and letting the Word speak for itself). There is a small cost involved, but it is well worth it.

Brad is currently the head teaching pastor for Columbia Crossroads Church downtown campus. He is also the president & founder of Market Life Ministries. If you would be interested in finding out more information on how to receive his daily devotionals, you can visit: www.DailyVideoDevotional.com. If you would like to learn more about his ministry to the marketplace you can visit: www.marketlifeministries.com.

We know how much his teaching has affected our lives and thought it might have a similar impact on yours.

No comments: