Sunday, February 14, 2010

Funnies from the week

So, life on the mission field is not all serious business. Sometimes funny stuff happens to us. These past few days have been no exception. Three funnies come to mind:



Missionary Twins
So, Luke, Myself and Steve Allen all showed up at the office this afternoon and were quite surprised to see how each other was dressed. The picture says it all. I promise we didn't coordinate.

Need a Ride?
Our car is in the shop. The engine overheated warping the engine block and damaging the head cylinder. So, transportation has been either by minibus or taxi. This really made church very interesting this past Sunday. Because Kerri's mom is visiting and having one extra child from spending the night, we were taking 8 people to church. We all piled into a compact car. Caleb held his spend the night company in his lap, Mom held Ellie, Kerri held Maddie (all in the back seat) and I held Gracyn in my lap in the front seat. Can't say it was the safest way to travel, but we got there.

A Shocking Experience
Sunday after church, we had the taxi drop Kerri and Mom at Arcades (a local shopping center) and I took the kids home for lunch. The problem was that I didn't bother to get the keys to the gate and house from Kerri. As we sat outside trying to figure out what to do, I decided to try and hoist Caleb over the fence. Our electric fence has been out for over a month (or at least that is what I thought). Unbeknownst to me, a few weeks ago, Kerri paid to get the electric fence repaired. So, to my surprise, but more to Caleb's, we heard a loud pop from the electric current hitting his knee! Can you say Father of the Year award!


Need a Ride2?
The other day, I was out jogging. I was near the end of my run heading toward the house when I heard a car horn. This man pulled up beside me and asked if I needed a taxi. I was dumbfounded. I was wearing running shoes, running shorts, and sweating profusely. I think he wins the Mister Observant of the Week award.

No comments: