Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day (Late)


Father's day is a day of mixed emotions for me.  On the one hand, it is a celebration of the precious gifts that God has given me in my four children.  On the other hand, it is a reminder of the huge responsibility that God has given me to grow them up in His nurture and admonition.  I pray daily that He would help & encourage me in this task and daily that He would forgive me for the many times that I fail.  I guess you could say that parenting, God glorifying parenting, would be impossible except for the grace of God!  So, my goal for this Father's day is to rely much more on His grace than my ability to parent for the next year.

Yesterday, we went to the Allens for Father's day.  Us, the Allens & the Whitfields herded our 12 children over to have some time for worship and reflection.  We listened to a sermon on YouTube from Louie Giglio called "Indescribable."   If you haven't had the opportunity to listen to this sermon, I highly recommend it.  There are 5 clips, each about 9 minutes in duration, which make up the whole sermon.  To view the first clip, (click here).  After the time of worship, we had a cookout and a time of games for the children in the front yard (led by Steve).  I couldn't think of a better way to have spent this Father's day in Zambia.

No comments: