Monday, May 11, 2009

What are your neighbors doing




Kerri, the kids and I were having dinner the other night and heard something that you just don't get to hear in America.  A family cookout next door.  The difference is that in Zambia, you don't have a gathering without singing.  This culture is so based in music that everyone sings and it is so beautiful.  As we heard the singing, I snuck out the front door of our house and headed over to the fence that separates our yards.  I just sat there secretly enjoying as this group of family and friends sang.  The audio on the camera I was using is not that great, but I just wanted to give you an idea of what we heard as we sat down for dinner.  You might want to turn the volume up on your computer before listening.

Reminder:  If you are receiving this via email, you will need to go to our website to view this video: www.RobertsInZambia.Blogspot.Com.

No comments: