Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Good-Lookin' Brain

We thought you all might like to see my cool brain scans and the miracle that God has done in healing me. I was finally able to meet with my neurologist last week to look at the MRI from April 3 and to talk about his prognosis for me. The doctor had prepared me for the possibility that the clot may still be partially there, or may have left some "scarring" in the vein where it was, which would have been totally normal. The white spots you see on both sides of the brain in my MRI from January show active stroke. The neurologist explained that those spots indicated dead cells and that we could also expect them to be permanent.

Well, the MRI from April 3 showed that the blood clot had totally dissolved and left no damage. In addition, he could not find any trace of those white spots on my brain! In fact, he said that there was really no evidence that anything had been wrong with my brain. A "good-lookin' brain", in his words. The only thing the MRI found was a little snot in my sinuses!! Praise be to our God who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or imagine!

Please continue to pray for me. The crisis is over, but I still have mild headaches and sensations in my body, which the neurologist says can last for a while. This has been SO much more than a health scare for me. It has been, and continues to be, a spiritual battle against fear and anxiety. God has been using it to teach me so much (which I will share soon), but I need His strength daily to walk in what I know to be true and not to succumb to anxiety. I would love your prayers, especially as we prepare to leave for Zambia in just 5 days. Thank you so much!

2 comments:

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

Wow! Praise the Lord! We have been following this and praying for you regularly! Thanks for being such a blessing to us for your steadfast faith!

Daniel and Sarah Barrett said...

Praise the Lord! We have been following your progress and praying for you! Thanks to you for your steadfast faithfulness during a really difficult scare!