Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lydia Update


This update was posted by our friend Megan. She is on our team in Zambia and is good friends with Lydia. Please continue to pray.

-------------------------------------------
Today I went to see Lydia. When I got to the house she was sitting outside with her parents in the sun. The doctor wants her awake and outside. When I saw her I asked her "Lydia, How are you?" And she answered "I am fine". She was eating an orange. I was so proud of her that she responded! She has made leaps and bounds, but is still not out of the woods. I told her that she looked beautiful and she started to cry. My heart broke. We moved her from the mat to the wheelchair and again she started to cry. It is painful for her to put weight on her legs and she is still blind, so she is easily scared. Please continue to pray for Lydia and a continued thanks to all of those who have supported her financially for medical bills.

No comments: