Sunday, December 21, 2008

Quick Updates


It's been nice being home in South Carolina visiting with family and friends.  Our first month has been rather busy.  Just thought I would give you a quick update to let you know what's been happening and what will be happening with the Roberts.

  • Baby #4 will be delivered at Baptist Hospital tomorrow, as we have a scheduled induction.  Kerri and I are interested to see how Maddie treats the new baby.  Her favorite toy is her baby doll.  So, we think we're going to have to keep an eye out to make sure she doesn't try to pick the new baby up.  Please continue to pray for mother and baby.
  • You might call us crazy, but we have also started the process for adopting when we return to Zambia.  We had our first home study last week and are trying to get a bunch of paperwork done so that we can be approved for adoption.  Please pray that all of the logistics and paperwork will go smoothly.
  • Since being back, we've got to spend time with some different friends.  A couple of weeks ago, we went down to Kiawah to run in the Kiawah Island marathon/half marathon with a group from our church.  It was a great weekend except for having to run such a long way.  It has been great getting to catch up with all of our friends.
  • The food has been great, but costly.  I've already gained 12 pounds and I'm not pregnant.  It wouldn't be that bad if I hadn't been running over that same period.
  • We've really enjoyed spending time with our parents.  We're staying with my parents, and Kerri's parents have been by often.  It has been such a blessing to see them again.
Thank you so much for continuing to pray for us.  We covet your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw you all at church Sunday. I was in the sound booth. I was unaware you ran the Kiawah race. I too was there at Kiawah. I ran my first Marathon. What a beautiful place. Hope your results turned out well. Run Fast. Run Often. Running is fun.
- Stewart