Monday, October 13, 2008

My Baby!

This term, we enrolled Caleb and Gracyn in some extracurricular activities at an International School (LICS), which is about 2 miles from our house.  On Mondays Caleb goes for a group tennis lesson.  Well, with our car in the shop and all of our nearby teammates busy with other obligations today, I was struggling to figure out how to get him there.  I thought of just walking him, but in this heat and with my "bigness"  that just didn't seem appealing.  So, I called Brent at the office for suggestions.  He said, "why not ask Charles to ride him over on his bike?"  Sure, why not?  I think all fathers out there will probably see the logic in Brent's idea, and all the mothers out there will understand why this idea freaked me out just a little bit!  But in the end, Caleb really wanted to go and this was the only viable option for getting him there.  So Charles, assuring me that it would be just fine, loaded Caleb onto the little rack on the back of his bike and off they went.  Caleb, of course, thought it was fantastic!   

When Charles went to pick Caleb up I sat on the couch waiting by the window, trying not to appear nervous.  The two of them came in the gate laughing and sweating from their ride in the summer sun.  Caleb came in and told me how fun that was and ran off to play.  Dailes looked at me, smiled and said, "I think now you'll be OK."

1 comment:

Brett said...

glad to hear Caleb is learning how to play a real sport. little Federer