Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sunday School


This past Sunday was the last of 5 classes that I have been teaching on evangelism.  I have been using the class as a means to pilot some discipleship material, which has been good because it has kept me accountable for completing the material.  I've also learned a lot about what material works and what material doesn't in a Zambian context.


It was also a great learning experience on how to teach Zambians.  Normally, when you're in a teaching environment in Zambia, the pupils do not respond like they would in the States.  They typically just sit there quietly, keeping their eyes down, and sometimes take notes.  As I taught each week, I tried to make adjustments in order to solicit more participation.  Sometimes it worked.  Sometimes it didn't.  But in the end, I felt like I learned more about teaching in a Zambian context.

Please pray for this church, Kingsway Christian Ministries.  They have just re-located to an area known as Kabwata and are trying to do outreach.  That was the purpose of this class--to train the congregation on how to effectively share their faith.  Pray that their labor would be fruitful.

No comments: