Saturday, September 27, 2008

Running For Jeremy and Grayson

Grayson (Left) & Jeremy (Right)

In December, shortly after we return to the States, Kerri and I will be making a trip down to Kiawah Island. I will be running in the Kiawah Island marathon and Kerri will be watching with her preggo self. I'm not writing this post to tell you about my prowess as a runner (one, because I am fat and slow and two, because when I run, it looks more like I am walking fast), or anything like that. But I am writing this post so that you would be aware of something that is happening in the lives of some dear friends--our church elders and their families, an opportunity for you to maybe help out.





The Shipmans and the Parks both have sons (Grayson and Jeremy respectively) who have been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.  Due to the type & seriousness of this disease, there are many costs associated with its treatment.  Fran Ricks, has been spearheading a fund raising event to help these families out with some of these costs.  It's called Running For Jeremy and Grayson.  Several members from our church will be heading down to Kiawah the weekend of December 6th to run the marathon in support of these guys.

If you would like to learn more about these families, Cystic Fibrosis or possibly even give a donation please visit their website.  Please think about trying to help carry the burden that these families are facing.

No comments: