Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday Conference


This afternoon, I had the opportunity to speak to about 25 pastors and church leaders on the subject of church cell groups.   Things went pretty well except for a few glitches (One, I was late and, two, there was no electricity).  If I had been giving the presentation in the first few months of being here, I probably wouldn't have anticipated the electricity being out, but being here 6 months (now a veteran--yeah right!) I was prepared.  I just used the printout of the powerpoint presentation as reference and used a white board to draw all of the illustrations.  

During and after the presentation, there were a lot of questions from those in attendance.  That coupled with the fact that no one fell asleep made me feel like today was a success : )  In fact, several of those in attendance said that the conference gave them a whole new perspective on cell groups and that they looked forward to implementing some of the things that they learned from our time together.    Thank you so much for praying for me during the preparation and presentation of this material to these church leaders.  Please continue to pray that some of the things that were taught will be applied at the various churches in attendance and that God would be glorified as a result!

No comments: