Monday, July 21, 2008

Interesting Tidbits...


Have you ever been in a car with someone who is driving for the first time?  Was that person nearing his or her thirties?  Well last week, our guard Charles and I were on our way back from town after doing some shopping.  When I got to our street, I kind of surprised Charles.  I stopped the car, switched seats with him and let him take a turn at the wheel.  I think he enjoyed it, but it was kind of a scary event.  In the 1/4 mile drive down our street, he almost ran over someone's shrubs and almost clipped the gate coming into our driveway.  But the smile on his face said it all!  I think he really enjoyed his first driving experience.


I tried to get Kerri's picture for this post, but she wouldn't let me.  We have now officially been without water for 2 days.  Something happened with the power company which disabled the pumps for the City Water department.  We've been borrowing water from neighbors up the street who were not affected by the outage, but it hasn't been enough to get everything done here at the house (i.e. shower for Brent).  They said that the pumps to our part of the neighborhood have been turned back on and we should have water soon, but the last couple of days have been a small trial!

2 comments:

Brett said...

you better get to running, you are looking fat

Brett said...

you better get to running, you are looking fat