Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Women's Discipleship


Kerri here! One of the new challenges and blessings for me here in Zambia has been leading a women's discipleship group from Great Commission Baptist Church. Normally we meet at GCBC, but this past Saturday I picked all of these ladies up from across town (crammed like sardines into my car) and brought them to our house for tea and sweets during our study time. These are such awesome women! It's funny to me because they are always saying how thankful they are that I've come to teach them, but in fact I feel like I'm learning more from them than they could ever learn from me. I feel so completely ill-equip to face the challenges of leading this group and must fall on the mercy of God every week. I'd appreciate your prayers for me as I lead and search for new ideas to make the group effective. Please also pray for these dear women who long to know God more, to serve Him and to share Him with their community.

No comments: