Sunday, April 13, 2008

God is Light!



This morning was another first for our family.  It was the first time that I have preached and the first time that Kerri has ever sat in the congregation as the preacher's wife.  Pastor Kandela from Great Commission Baptist Church invited me to speak a couple of weeks ago.  I've been spending the last few weeks studying 1 John 1:5-7 and I put together a sermon on these verses--the main point being God is Light.  It was about how God's light exposes our sin and how we must continually run to the foot of the cross seeking His mercy.  We didn't have any photos from the service this morning.  So, I thought I would include some pictures of us living here without light.

It seems that Zesco, our power company, only wants to supply light when they want to supply light.  I sure am glad that God's light shines bright all of the time.  Anyways, thank you for praying for me over the last couple of days.  Based on the testimonies of some of those in the congregation, God worked through the message that was presented this morning.

No comments: