Thursday, March 27, 2008

Night Rider

I was driving home the other night and contemplating the roads here in Zambia. The roads during the day are quite difficult to navigate, but at night, they are chaotic. Not only do you have to be on the lookout for pot holes that can rip the suspension right out from underneath your car, you have to be on the lookout for Zambians walking & riding bikes on the sides of the road--often in the road. You also have to dodge oncoming traffic who is also trying to dodge potholes and walking/bike riding Zambians.

This particular night, the roads were much darker than normal--so much that it caught my attention. I was on one of the main roads, which by Zambian standards is well lit, but by American standards was not. This is an understatement, but I was having a hard time seeing the road. When I reached the roundabout near our house, I turned off of the main road onto one of the back roads. It was at this time that God revealed something to me about why Zambia was so dark at night. I had my headlights off. Just thought you would appreciate my moment of great revelation.

5 comments:

ShalomSeeker said...

I've been walking though life thinking how odd everything looks when I realize that I don't have my glasses on! I feel your pain! LOL!
-J

Manny said...

Brent & Family,

I have read your posts. The place looks a lot like the suburbs of Bucharest where I grew up, with the exception of critters. We salute you with Numbers 6:24-26.

In Christ,
Manny & Family

Manny said...

Brent & Family,

I have read the posts. Sounds a lot like the suburbs of Bucharest where I grew up, with the exception of critters. Good to see your sense of humor. We salute you with Numbers 6:24-26.

In Christ,
Manny & Family

Christy said...

Too funny! I do very much appreciate you sharing your epiphany. There have been evenings I've wondered why Atlanta roads are so dark ... for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

Nice, Brent! We read your blog every day from TN....thanks for keeping us "in the loop".

Amy and Mark Simmons