Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Roberts have (finally) arrived!

This post is being guest published by John Ballentine. First, I need to apologize. This email did not get to me and I did not find out about it until 8pm on Wednesday night so I did not get this out as quickly as the Roberts would have liked.

After much delay, Brent, Kerri & the kids got to the airport and on the plane on Sunday, Feb 10th. They arrived safely in Lusaka, Zambia on Tuesday.

Below is an excerpt from an email from Brent:

"I don’t have access to the internet for too long tonight, so this e-mail will be brief. Kerri and I are now at the Farm. The trip went really well. We got through London with no hitches and spent some great time with the Downers resting. The big kids travelled very well – slept lots! Maddie….not so much. But she’s doing much better now that she’s had a couple of naps in her own bed! Thank you SO much for praying for us. We definitely felt it! We’ll send more detail as soon as we can.

When we got here, the team met us as the airport. It was great to meet everyone face to face. We had breakfast with the team then took our stuff to the Farm. We’ll be here for a week or so."

Brent stated that he would update this blog as soon as possible, but it likely will not be until next week.

Please continue to pray for the Roberts as they adjust to life in Zambia and get settled in their new home. Please pray, too, that they will be able to get over their jet lag quickly so that they can get some good sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

I just found your website (and subscribed!) and I am so happy for you and your family in this journey to Zambia. You are all in my thoughts and I look forward to hearing about your work there!

Love,
Julianna

Jamey said...

We're glad to hear everyone is well and you arrived safely in Zambia. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!

The Hawkins Family