Thursday, January 31, 2008

Counting Down!





Well, we're leaving in less than a week now and it is so hard to believe! Time has just flown by. Thanks to everyone who participated in our send off supper and commissioning service this past weekend. We felt very loved and encouraged. We cried a lot and laughed a lot. Thanks especially to the Ballentines and Stockmans who worked very hard to make Saturday night a great evening.

Please pray for us these last few days. We're packing every day, enjoying time with family, having dinner with different friends each night, and trying to take care of all the last minute details. Pray also for good health. We've all been struggling with "crud" and we always worry about Maddie getting an ear infection. We definitely need to be healthy for the long trip.

On Tuesday we will be at Crossroads at 10:30 am if anyone would like to come and say goodbye to us. We will leave around noon to drive to Atlanta where we fly out at 6:30 pm.

The count-down is on! Thank you SO much for standing with us.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Brent, It was great seeing you in DC at the marathon. My dad sent me a link to your blog and I have been keeping up with your move ever since. You and your family will be in our prayers. I hope the travel goes smoothly, and that the kids do great on the plane. Good luck in Zambia!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's already here! I'm so sorry we couldn't be at your send-off supper. We were out of the country on business. If we don't talk before you leave, have a safe trip to Africa! I will be in touch. Mark is very serious about us coming to see you all in Zambia. Love you guys! ~ Erin

Jenny said...

Hi Brent, we hope you and your family have a good last few days with everyone and a safe time traveling. We'll be keeping a close watch on updates from you to see how things are going. We wish you and your family the best!

Kim said...

Brent and Kerri,

I'm so excited for you! Just think you are living the Great Commission. I pray that each of you will have wonderful new experiences that will not only touch the lives of the people that you come in contact with in Zambia but will stir others, including myself, into action as well. Please know that your family will be in our constant thoughts and prayers. You have made such a difference to me and Sean and we thank you for it!

Kim

Bobby said...

Brent and Kerri,

Best wishes in Zambia!

Kerri -- I am so sorry I have been unable to be at all of these send-off events. I have been busy or even (now) sick to the point I haven't even been able to work with Serena for a while as my voice needs healing following the flu!

Hou-Yin :-)